All the key factors and highlights of the NEP are discussed here, which you need to know about the reformed National Education System of 2020.
New Education Policy and Its Impact In Coming Years:
New National Education Policy 2020, is not only advanced learning, but also it’s great reform towards a Positive approach for the future of India. It’s going to improve the overall Ecosystem of Education. The education system of a country carries many factors, to strengthen a country as a Global Power. The New Education Policy(NEP)2020 came to India, has covered most of the major highlights. Which was a necessity to be changed in terms to transform millions of lives in coming years.
This Education Policy in other words known as Higher Education Bill 2020. In 1986 India’s first Education Policy was implemented and now, after Thirty-four years this big change finally has been introduced to our education system. New Education Policy has been approved on 29 July 2020.
How Committee was formed and worked under this-
NEP was in the Election manifesto of 2014. Where government announced that they will make changes in the Education system and will reform it by introducing new policies in India. In the year 2015, the First Committee of researchers was made to recognize, the major changes needed in the system. The Head of this committee was T.S.R Subramanyam.
After 2015 a committee was formed in the year 2016, 9 members have included under the surveillance of Dr. Kasthurirangan, who was the chairman of the committee. They researched all the key factors that needed, to be changed in the education system. On 31st may 2019 he presented all the points in front of the government of India, which was approved and accepted on 29 July 2020.
Key Factors or Highlights Of New Policy 2020–
- HRD Ministry(Human Resource Development) is now renamed as Ministry of Education.
- The government has been proposed, that they will Increase the GDP investment in Education form from 1.6 to 6%.
- Focused on gross Enrollment Ratio as it will be increased up to 50% by the year 2035.
- Common Entrance Exams will be held for all the universities. Expect all the Legal and Medical Colleges.
- Similarly, the Unicode system will run, where Government and Private students will be having the same syllabus.
- It’s told, that focus on Online learning and Distance learning is equally important.
- Now it’s not compulsory to study in English, further after 5th-grade students will be having, options to choose the language they want to study.
- As well as 6-9 classes will be having semester-wise examination criteria.
NEW POLICY OF SCHOOL/HIGHER EDUCATION-
10+2 is the basic education policy of which is followed till now. it means that we all have to study the same subject till schooling, then giving boards in a particular stream. And after passing that you can apply for higher/college studies. But now as the new education policy, 2020 has been introduced. Many reforms came in this process of Schooling and Higher education system.
Now replacing 10+2 system. New system is introduced which is 5+3+3+4 discussed below.
Foundation Stage (5) –
In this stage of schooling, 5 years of starting education of a child’s life are included which is (PNC, NC, KG, 1st and 2nd class). All these five years of these students’ lives will be many Interactive Sessions. Where Practically or at the same time, in form of Games they will be taught everything which will make it interesting for a kid to learn new things and they will grasp easily.
Basic Stage (3) –
This basic stage starts after passing up to 2nd grade, again this stage includes students of class 3,4,5. They will get the basic knowledge of all the important topics or subjects like- Humanities, Science, English, Regional, Mathematics, etc.
Skill Development (3) –
This stage will include Skill Development in the students of grades 6,7 and 8. These students will be taught skill development training, which will also be given in form of securing a better livelihood knowledge for the future. This will include much of Computer knowledge, Software development, Coding, etc.
Analytical Approach (4) –
This stage of Education will be given to the students of grades 9,10,11 and 12. Analytical approach in total means, such as the ability to collect all kinds of important information, How to Research, Decision Making, Problem-solving, etc. Students studying in this will be open to show their interest in any subject or field they are willing to.
And it’s told that they will not be forced to study any particular subject without their interest in it. Besides that, they will be guided on behalf of their strength and capacity to pursue. They can show their interest in any field such as – Sports or any Co-curricular activities they have the strength for.
Read about Menstrual cups- Click here
In Higher Education, again there are also few reforms which are told like- If a student joins a course which they pursued and after a year now they are willing to drop.
- If any student has completed 1 year of college, so they will be eligible to get a certificate of that year which they attained.
- And if a Student completed 2 years of college, so they will be getting Diploma for that.
- In the same way, Students who attained all 3 or 4 years of college will be eligible to get the Degree.
- Multiple entries or exit system that is with Credit transfer – All these Diploma’s or Certificates which a student of higher education will get, a virtual bank will be made of that achievement. Where all the Rewards will be converted into points clearly which will help students in their Job profiles or Interview.