If you’re hosting a website, your utmost focus is on increasing the visibility of your website in search engine result pages(SERPs).
One of the ways to achieve this goal is Search Engine Marketing.
What is SEM?
Search engine marketing is an effective path to increase your presence in search engine results pages through paid advertising.
Advertisement can be given on any search engines like Google, Yahoo, Bing etc
Normally Paid search ads can be found on the top of any search page. These are indicated with the word Ad.
Types of SEM
There are numerous techniques to improve the website traffic on search engines, some of them are PPC , CPM.
PPC- Pay Per Click
Pay-per-click (PPC) is an online advertising model in which an advertiser pays a publisher every time an advertisement link is “clicked” on. Alternatively, PPC is known as the cost-per-click (CPC) model.
Advertisers bid on the perceived value of a click in relation to keyword, platforms and audience type in which it originates.
Main PPC platform
- Google ads – It is the largest pay per click platform and was launched on October 2000.
- Bing ads – It shows ads on Bing and Yahoo network.
CPM- Cost per thousand impressions
CPM is the way to bid where you pay per one thousand views.
Impressions are defined as, how often your ad is shown. An impression is counted each time your ad is shown on search result page.
How SEM Works?
The following key points elucidate the working of search engine marketing –
- Define Effective Strategy
- Choose Right Keywords
- Optimize Your Website Content
- Submit Your Website for Indexing
- Add Quality Links to Your Website
- Manage Paid Search Advertise
- Measure Success of Advertise
Some of the most popular tools of SEM are-
SEM VS SEO
The main difference between SEM and SEO is that SEO is a paid strategy and SEO is an organic strategy.
- SEO is when marketers optimize their website and their content to rank high on search result pages while SEM is when advertiser pay for their website to appear on search result pages.
- SEO takes time, especially if your site is new and doesn’t have a lot of backlinks yet while SEM is a bit quick way to get traffic on your website.
- SEO is subdivided into several categories like off-page-SEO, on-page-SEO, technical SEO while SEM focus on Bidding, Quality Score, Ad copy etc.
Check out- https://sincebeginning.com/